You can visit Qatar and Oman for free by experiencing this educator tour. This tour is put on by QFI (Qatar Foundation International) and GEEO.
Qatar Foundation International
Qatar Foundation International has been around since 1995, but this program by QFI and GEEO is what puts them on the map. They are dedicated to using education to bring understanding, tolerance and acceptance of the Arab world, to the rest of the world. They do this with three main program areas – Arabic language, Arab Cultures and Societies, and Connected Communities. If you’re interested in the Arabic language, and/or in Middle Easter cultures, this organization has amazing teacher travel opportunities for you.
Qatar Foundation International has several programs centered on teachers, but the one we’re highlighting here is the QFI and GEEO Educator Tours.
This particular teacher tour is put on in partnership between QFI and GEEO.
If you’re interested in the Arab world (and bringing that exposure to your classroom), then this tour put on by QFI and GEEO would be a great fit.
Here are the qualifications to participate in this program:
- Must be a teacher within the U.S.
- Both primary and secondary teachers are welcome to apply
- Teachers in public and public charter schools are welcome to apply
- Preference is given to educators who are in the social science, humanities, and arts fields
- Teachers must demonstrate both a strong interest in and commitment to teaching about the Arab world in their classrooms
QFI and GEEO cover all major expenses.
This includes lodging and meals for this particular program.
Of course, the relationships you’ll develop, the people you’ll meet and the learning that will take place are priceless.
But getting to tour Qatar and Oman for 12 days without paying for it is an amazing opportunity in itself!
This amazing opportunity does come with some responsibilities.
- You demonstrate a personal interest in the Arab world.
- You must also commit to bring what you learn from your experience into your classroom.
- You’ll want to ensure you can document what you learn, and how you use it in your teaching.
I’m highlighting this program with QFI and GEEO because all travel, lodging and meals are included!
You’ll just want to ensure you have adequate health insurance, travel insurance and money for incidentals and activities.
Dates and Deadlines
While there’s no deadline listed, this program is obviously popular!
Apply soon if you’re interested.
Upcoming Program Dates
Winter: December 21st-January 3rd, 2020
Spring: 2021 dates to be announced.
Planning Your Trip to Oman and Qatar?
Be sure to setup some day tours when you’re in Oman.
While in Qatar, be sure to explore the great cities of Doha and Al Wakrah – as well as the ruins of Zubarah.
Start your search for things to do and things to see here.
Looking for something else?
Consider this other articles and opportunities.
Blogs About Free Travel & Amazing Places
- Why Every Teacher Should Plan a Trip to Finland
- How to Travel for Free Using Travel Rewards Credit Cards
- How American Teachers Can Travel for Free
Sharing is Caring!
Do you know someone who would love this opportunity?
Share it with them!
You can share this article using your social profiles with the buttons below:
Pin for Later
Pin this article to your teacher travel related boards!
Looking to collaborate?
I love helping teachers discover how they can live the life they want, and that includes travel.
- Help you book personal or business travel since I’m a certified, independent travel agent with InteleTravel.
And it doesn’t cost you anything extra. I get paid by commissions, so nothing extra will come out of your pocket.
Email me! I’d love to help you plan your next trip.
If you’d rather book yourself, you can use my travel booking engine to save money. I’ll earn the commission at no extra cost to you, and I’ll be available to you should you need anything! 🙂
- “I can show you the woooooorrrrrld!”
Any other Disney fans here? 🙂
Anyway – if you want to travel to incredible bucket list destinations, with other amazing teachers, on a budget – check out trips with Traveling Teachers!
Each trip is lead by a teacher who is passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced with travel.
And, every trip also includes some kind of educational component.
- Check out the podcast Teachers Talk Travel.
You’ll learn all kinds of unique ways to travel the world as a teacher.
Want to be on the show? Submit this form on the podcast’s website!
- Join our community on Facebook!
Our group hosts thousands of teachers from all over the world. We discuss, share, and create opportunities for teachers to travel. Come join us!
- And of course, you can just reach out.
Feel free to connect with me using your social media platform of choice.
Can’t wait to hear from you! 🙂